Position | Director
Our charity Directors are responsible under the governing document of Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation for deciding on the direction and incentives of the charity, abiding by our main aims and objectives and reporting to the charity commission.
Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation was created in 2002 after the tragic death of Caroline Ann Stuttle on her gap year in Australia. The charity’s mission is to educate young people in the risks and dangers of travel, offer strategies and safety techniques to help reduce risk and of course encourage them to travel the world.
Role description as part of the charity
- To ensure that the charity always complies with its governing documents, and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To set and maintain the charity’s vision, mission, and values.
- To develop strategy, setting overall policy, defining goals, and setting targets and evaluate performance against agreed targets.
- To implement procedures and respect the roles of staff and volunteers.
- To ensure that risk assessments for all aspects of the charity are carried out and to safeguard the reputation of Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation.
- To act in the best interests of the charity.
Main tasks involved as a Director of Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation
- To prepare appropriately and attend quarterly board meetings in person or online.
- To participate in discussions and decision making in relation to the charity.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with everyone related to the charity.
- To actively participate in events, projects and activities relating to the charity.
- Be proactive in charity activities to achieve goals and milestones.
Skills and requirements
- Interest in travel and understanding of travel safety.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness, and the ability to respect confidences.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Commitment to the aims, objectives of Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to attend meetings.
If you are interested in becoming part of Caroline’s Rainbow Foundation, and help our next generation of world travellers explore the world in a safer environment, please get in touch.
Applications open until 31st March 2023